Communities, Environment & Responsible Tourism"
is a not-for-profit social enterprise based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Our vision is a Cambodia free of poverty;
our mission is to turn people's good intentions into the best possible help for the most vulnerable people in Cambodia.
Many visitors to Cambodia
witness the harsh realities of poverty at first hand. They then
want to help, but are unsure how:
- How should I respond to street children begging for food or money?
- What are the issues surrounding
many orphanages in Cambodia, and are there better alternative solutions
for children in desperate need?
- What makes a successful volunteer placement, and what can go wrong if these requirements are not in place?
- How can I be sure that my donation is going to be used to support effective programmes?
- How can I do something positive if I only have a day or two to spare?
These are just a few of the questions that ConCERT staff deal with every day.
When you’re in Siem Reap, call in and see us at our information centres in Sister Srey Café, New Leaf Book Café, and Haven training restaurant. Alternatively take a look through our website to find out how you can best offer your support.